The GoSolarSF program offers a one-time incentive payment to local solar electric projects to reduce the
cost of installation. In addition to the GoSolarSF residential incentive ($500 – $2,800), low-income
households are eligible to receive a supplemental low-income incentive ($2,000 – $7,000). GoSolarSF is
administered by the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC).
Please contact the SFPUC at 415-554-3434 or GoSolarSF@sfwater.org if you have questions
about the GoSolarSF program. GoSolarSF program information is available at www.solarsf.org.
Qualifying for a Low-Income Incentive
Complete and submit the attached GoSolarSF Supplemental Low-Income Incentive application. To be
deemed a low-income household, the annual household gross income may not exceed the following
income guidelines adjusted by household size. Each individual household member age 18 or over must
submit income verification documents.
Completing the Supplemental Low-Income Incentive Application
SFPUC will make a determination on all complete applications. Incomplete applications will be returned.
Please use the checklist below to be sure your application package is complete.
To determine if a household is low-income, applicants must submit the following:
1) A signed GoSolarSF Supplemental Low-Income Application.
2) Most recent PG&E bill, showing the account holder’s name and address.
3) Two most recent paystubs for each household member age 18 or over. The paystubs must be dated
within the past six months. If a household member over age 18 has not worked in the past six
months, then the two most recent federal income tax returns must be submitted instead (rather than
only one as required below).
4) Most recent federal income tax return for each household member age 18 or over, including all
schedules and W2s. The tax return must be from the most recently completed tax year.
5) If self-employed, submit the two most recent federal income tax returns, including all schedules and
Note: Please remove your Social Security number from your documents.