Based in San Francisco’s Potrero Hill neighborhood, Skytech Solar:
- Was founded in 2008 as one of the newest solar panel companies to benefit our community with affordable solar for everyone.
- Provided our own bootstrap funding as one of the area’s emerging solar energy companies to survive one of the worse economic downturns since the Great Depression.
- Was the first solar San Francisco companies to introduce absolutely free solar systems for low-income San Francisco residents to own and reduce their electric bills.
- In 2010, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, currently the State of California Lieutenant Governor, honored Skytech Solar at the State of the City speech for our work in the community. At that time, Mayor Newsom said, “…he (Colin Swan/ Skytech Solar) focuses on low-income households and he provides the solar completely free, and the payback is immediate to people on fixed income. So it’s not necessarily an environmental initiative, as much as an economic imperative of folks to do the right thing… I appreciate your leadership and, your making a difference. Enlightened business.”Watch the video.
- In 2010 and 2011, we were one of only four solar panel companies asked to participate in two roundtable discussions with President Obama’s Special Task Force on nationwide job creation based on our experience with both the Jobs Now Program and the Workforce Development Program. Watch the Jobs Now Conference video.
- From 2010 to 2012, Skytech Solar installed more residential San Francisco solar systems than any other installer. Since then, we’ve expanded our territory into other counties to now also provide solar home panels to appeal to every home, business and nonprofit in the Bay Area.
- From 2014-2017, Skytech has won several RFP awards. We are chosen over several installers. The following is a list of cities/counties/companies who continually choose Skytech Solar: Alameda, Antioch, Belmont, Berkeley, Brisbane, Burlingame, Concord, Daly City, Emeryville, Foster City, Fremont, Hayward, Lafayette, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Oakland, Palo Alto, Piedmont, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Francisco, San Mateo, Walnut Creek, ARUP, Autodesk, Blue Shield, Genentech, Google, Salesforce, United, University of California, US Green Building Council, VMware, Workday Inc.,
- Today, Skytech Solar:
– Offers Zero Down Financing that will show savings from day one for residents.
– Has commercial leases from 8 to 14 years and have set up relationships with major banks to help finance commercial loans as low as 5%.
– Is giving back to the community by providing free SF solar for low income families, by hiring long-term unemployed parents through the Jobs Now program, by through Goodwill’s Workforce Development Program, which is paramount to helping our community.